The Event Services Association
TESA Member Companies
New Event Organiser Magazine
|HSE Urged to Scrap Cost Recovery Proposals|
TESA is objecting to the HSE’s proposals ‘for extending cost recovery’, urging that they should be abandoned on the basis that businesses could be unfairly penalised, particularly in situations where enforcement officers are not skilled in specialist areas.
Under the proposals, the HSE would be given the right to recover all its costs where, in the opinion of an inspector, there is a material breach of health and safety law. With hourly rates quoted at around £133 and the average cost of an inspection £1500, the costs could mount significantly before any formal action is taken.
The proposals would also require businesses to have to bear the cost of any dispute not resolved in their favour – which is likely to put many smaller businesses off pursuing an issue where they feel aggrieved.
The Association suggests that the costs should only be recovered when a case has been investigated, prosecuted and proven to be in breach of the regulations.
- New Event Organiser Magazine - Issue 125
- New Event Organiser Magazine - Issue 124
- New Event Organiser Magazine - Issue 123
- New Event Organiser Magazine - Issue 122
- New Event Organiser Magazine - Issue 121
- Event Organiser Magazine - Issue 120
- Pearce Hire continues long-standing participation at the Showman’s Show
- Event Organiser Magazine - Issue 119
- Event Organiser Magazine - Issue 118
- Event Organiser Magazine - Issue 117